PPG Pound Fund
|Applications accepted from Social Enterprises?||No|
|Maximum grant available||£1,000|
|Deadlines||11 January 2019
Outcomes expected end January
Grants to support the growth and development of PPGs and promote self-care and prevention for their practice’s local population.
This grants programme has been created by Ipswich & East Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group to help support the growth and development of Patient Participation Groups and promote self-care and prevention for their practice local population.
Who can apply?
PPGs from practices within Ipswich and East Suffolk CCGs are invited to apply for up to £1,000 individually or may join together with other PPGs to submit a joint application, to pool funding to joint projects. Each PPG can only receive one payment from this fund of a maximum of £1,000 per PPG.
What sort of things can your PPG £ pay for?
This funding is available to help PPGs achieve one of the following outcomes:
- Support the growth and development of a PPG.
- Improve health, wellbeing and knowledge of patients to develop self-care and prevention for the practice population.
- Support innovation and the development of new ideas.
Applications should also:
- Demonstrate value for money.
- Demonstrate the difference that will be made as a result of the funding.
- Show how it supports the CCG’s self-care and prevention priorities.
- Demonstrate the involvement of PPG members and patients in the development of the project.
Some ideas include:
- Setting up new activities or hosting events for patients at the practice to support self-care, provide information or tackle isolation.
- Programmes that help your PPG engage with a wider audience through marketing or social media platforms.
- Supporting patients at the practice to access support for social issues that are causing medical issues, such as debt, isolation, housing issues and other concerns.
What cannot be funded?
Medical equipment or other general resources for the practice will not be funded through this programme.
Applications should be signed off by your Practice Manager as funding will be made to the GP practice and will be ring-fenced for the PPG project.