Nationwide Community Grants Programme
|Applications accepted from Social Enterprises?||No|
|Maximum grant available||Up to £50,000 over one or two years|
Grants to support projects that help vulnerable people with their housing needs.
Nationwide Building Society has launched a new community funding scheme to tackle housing issues at a local level
Grants of up to £50,000, over one or two years, are available for projects that support vulnerable people with their housing needs.
Eligible applicants must be a UK registered charity, Community Land Trust or housing co-operative.
Essex Community Foundation (ECF) is leading on the programme in the East of England, working with neighbouring community foundations in Cambridge, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Applications will be assessed by the local community foundation and then considered by a board, which is comprised of Nationwide members, employees and housing experts.
You can apply for:
- Staff/Volunteer costs for project delivery
- Development and capacity building costs
- Activity costs
- Small scale capital costs (e.g. items for project delivery such as computers, paint, gardening equipment)
- Building works and refurbishment costs – where they are essential to the successful delivery of the project
Guidance for applicants:
Please read the below eligibility criteria and guidance prior to submitting your grant application.
- What makes for a good grant application?
- Financial Due Diligence and safeguarding guidance
- The eligibility criteria can be downloaded here
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted using this form: click here.
To discuss a potential application or if you have any questions, please call the Essex Community Foundation grants team on 01245 356018.
Your application must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 7 December 2018.
Funding decisions will be made in February 2019.