Tampon Tax Fund
|Grant Type||Core costs & project costs (refer to criteria)|
|Applications accepted from Social Enterprises?||Yes|
|Maximum grant available||£10,000|
The purpose of the Tampon Tax Fund is to allocate the funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls.
This Fund will be closed early if oversubscribed.
This Fund will support:
- An organisation that has been established by women or girls and/or is led and staffed by women and girls
- An organisation that has been established with the key aim of working with women and girls only
- The majority of beneficiaries served by the organisation are, and will continue to be, women and girls, and the majority of the services will reflect this.
What will it fund?
- Volunteer expenses: Budget for training, travel, telephone calls, travel and meals.
- Activity costs: Budget for resources to facilitate a project/activity; costs that fall outside capital, volunteer or staffing costs, e.g. event catering, volunteer costs
- Project staff / sessional staff costs: Budget for external consultants and staff that are employed for the specific project/activity that is being funded, including the cost of permanent staff to deliver specific projects.
This fund is not open for applications from:
- Groups in receipt of Tampon Tax funding from another funder for the same project, unless it can be clearly demonstrated that this programme is funding different activity
- Statutory organisations, including schools
- Individuals or Individual Sponsorship
Suffolk Community Foundation’s normal eligibility criteria applies. For the full criteria please click here.
All funding is to be awarded by mid January 2019 with full end of grant monitoring to be received by Friday 17 January 2020 (no exceptions); therefore please ensure that your project is able to meet with these time restrictions.