Suffolk Community FoundationChanging local lives
The heart of communities
Unlike traditional grantmaking trusts and foundations, we develop lasting partnerships with individuals, families, businesses, public bodies and trusts.
We work together to ensure that acute areas of need in Suffolk are addressed compassionately, respectfully and sustainably.
We are committed to deepening levels of engagement in everyone who seeks to change lives and improve futures.
We are one of a national family of 46 Community Foundations in the UK. As one of the top five grantmakers in the UK, our combined power and shared passion to make a difference is increasingly influential at the most senior levels and is delivering real and meaningful change.
A philanthropic hub
We do not compete with other local charities, but instead act as a hub to channel funds directly to them.
Our vision is to help make Suffolk a better place for all.
Read more about our vision
Through the distribution of grants, we financially support charities, voluntary and community organisations who are delivering essential services to our citizens and communities, often to those who are poor, disadvantaged, in poverty and isolated.
By raising awareness of the social issues affecting Suffolk people and communities, and by extolling the virtues of our local charities and community organisations, we provide a platform that increases the overall funding available for addressing local needs.
Our values are to be:
- Compassionate and fair in our purpose
- Professional and independent in all our relationships
- Open and clear in our communications
Our priority is to reach those in most need by combining robust evidence with local service delivery.
The Charity Commission acknowledges that community foundations have a reputation for the effective management of charitable funds in order to maximise their impact at a local level.
Our mission is to change local lives by connecting causes that matter with people who care.
How do we do this?
- Providing open and accessible grant funding to smaller and medium sized charities, voluntary and community groups, and social enterprises, who deliver essential services to our county but who often struggle to compete against larger organisations in a competitive funding environment.
- Helping individuals, families, businesses, public sector organisations and existing trusts achieve their philanthropic, social responsibility or strategic grantmaking objectives.
- Building and managing community assets to provide revenue for sustainable grantmaking.
- Raising awareness of local needs and the ways in which people can work together to improve and enhance the quality of local life.
- Sharing knowledge, evidence and research to help address local issues.
You may already know someone who works with us …
Sponsors and Donors
We have many sponsors and donors who make a significant contribution to the Foundation, and our heartfelt thanks are extended to those who continue to work with us to make Suffolk a better place for all.
Trustees, Patrons and Volunteers
We would like to once again thank our volunteers, grants panels, donors, supporters and staff who have so generously contributed to the work of Suffolk Community Foundation over the past year.
Connect with us
Join us on social media
Subscribe to our newsletter
To receive the latest news and grants information from Suffolk Community Foundation.